This is the new identification card for all New York City residents, which gives all of us the opportunity to show who we are—New Yorkers. As a government-issued photo identification card it secures the peace of mind and access to City services that come from having recognized identification. ID Card benefits every city resident, including the most vulnerable communities—the homeless, youth, the elderly, undocumented immigrants, the formerly incarcerated and others who may have difficulty obtaining other government-issued ID.
Documents needed for application
Proof of Identity should be at least 3 points in total:
- Foreign Passport (machine readable) (3 points),
- Foreign Driver License (not machine readable1pt),
- Foreign Passport (not machine readable 2 points),
- Foreign Driver License (machine readable 2 points)
Proof of Residency: Choose one of the below!
- Cable, utility or phone bill (dated within 60days)
- Bank Account Statement with your address on it (dated within 60days)
- Current residential property lease
Fill out the form to apply! Since this is an identification card all the fields are required